Monday, April 21, 2008

Remember Parker Jensen...


Do you all remember the story of Parker Jensen.. the kid that supposedly had an aggressive form of Ewings Sarcoma (he was supposed to be dead in 6 months) and was to be taken away from his parents because of medical neglect to undergo chemo.. His parents said they were not convinced he had this cancer and would not consent.. and ended up having to take their boy on the lam. This bugged me and I think it's interesting to know that 5 years later Parker is healthy. His parents have gone through hell and are now suing. I hope they win.
Read the full story here...

2 comments:

Circe said...

I'm glad you followed up on that. I was wondering what happened after we talked! It's always a pleasand surprise to have a mini "meaningful" discussion at the grocery store!:)

Rebecca said...

That's amazing - it's interesting to see the results of so many cases like this. Gotta love that government intervention.